[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ugly coral? - RateMyFishTank.com

Ugly coral?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

reefer171

Ugly coral?

by reefer171

What do you do when you get a piece of coral that you consider ugly? I mean, I don't want to just throw it away. It's a living creature after all. But I'm not sure what I should do with it. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I sorta feel bad calling coral ugly, but....

kate_kuhli

Re: Ugly coral?

by kate_kuhli

Sometimes coral will look ugly in the beginning but given enough time will flourish and look totally different. Not sure if this is an option for you but worth noting!

nea7

by nea7

When did you receive this coral? Like Kate said, sometimes they will start off as an eye sore but become beautiful later on. If it's new it could be it became unhealthy during transit and is now in recovery mode.

tetrafan

by tetrafan

Haha poor coral! No advice but I hope you solve your ugly coral problem :D

blenny

by blenny

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

If you don't want to keep it what about listing it somewhere for someone to pick up for free? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, one man's trash is another man's treasure and all that! You could even say that it may just need some TLC before it perks up and looks nice again, considering what the above posters have said about corals gettting unhealthy looking during transit etc.

reefer171

by reefer171

Thanks! I think I'll give it some more time, it is kind of new to the tank. I'll just be patient for now and if it doesn't improve I'll post it for sale somewhere!

Ugly coral?

7 posts