[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ideas for catching a dotty? - RateMyFishTank.com

Ideas for catching a dotty?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blenny

by blenny

I have a dottyback that is not suitable for this tank, it's being aggressive so I need to move it but I have no idea how to catch it. I never knew what fast little things dottys are! Any ideas?

kate_kuhli

Re: Ideas for catching a dotty?

by kate_kuhli

I think it's probably virtually impossible to catch a dottyback with a net in a tank full of water and rocks to hide in. Have you tried a trap yet? Look up bottle traps if you haven't already, a lot of people catch hard to get fish this way.

nea7

by nea7

Yes, the bottle trap works well. You might need to bait it, though. Mysis is a good bait to use.

saratang

by saratang

blenny

by blenny

Thanks, I'll try the bottle trap. It sounds promising.

Does it take awhile for them to trust the trap before they go into it - is that why it might take several days to really catch it?

saratang

by saratang

blenny

by blenny

Yeah so the trap didn't work. I guess I'll try a new type of bait then. What did you have in mind, Saratang?

7 posts