[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My cleaners aren't working - RateMyFishTank.com

My cleaners aren't working

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

reefer171

by reefer171

I've got a few each of hermit crabs, snails, and shrimp but they aren't cleaning the algae up very well. Is there any particular reason for this? I thought having a cleaning crew would prevent algae? They don't seem sick, I wouldn't say they're inactive, it's just like they're being lazy when it comes to feeding?

kate_kuhli

Re: My cleaners aren't working

by kate_kuhli

It sounds as if it might be too big of a load for them. For now I'd help them out a bit by gently scrubbing the algae off of anything that's easily accessible and then the cleaners can take care of the places that are less easy for you to reach.

nea7

by nea7

Cleaners don't really completely substitute good old fashioned cleaning by hand :)

blenny

by blenny

Is the tank new? Because it could have some algae blooms being new but once it's older and balanced out this won't be a problem and the cleaners won't have their work cut out for them!

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

reefer171

by reefer171

6 posts