[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Cleaning gravel with a planted tank - RateMyFishTank.com

Cleaning gravel with a planted tank

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

fish123

by fish123

I have never had a planted tank before and I'm so used to using the gravel vac that I only just realized - how will I use the gravel vac with a planted tank? Won't I disturb the roots of the plants? Should the plants be able to use all the waste and uneaten food as fertilizer?

kate_kuhli

Re: Cleaning gravel with a planted tank

by kate_kuhli

I never have gravel vacuumed any areas of the tank where there are plants planted. As you say, this will uproot the plants, or even if it doesn't completely uproot them it would disturb the plants too much and they won't like that. They also need the waste as fertilizer unless you're using other fertilizer.

supperfish

Re: Cleaning gravel with a planted tank

by supperfish

Yes, I think that is the reason why people don't use for planted tank.

3 posts