eibli

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

tarpon

eibli

by tarpon

I purchased an eibli angelfish about a week ago. My tank is only a few months old so I only have live rock and a few other fish. But it doesn't seem that the angel is eating. I know that they eat on the rocks a little bit, which it does, but should it be eating any of the frozen food that my other fish are eating? It seems happy. I guess my question is can it live on the stuff on the rock, or should I hide some food in the rock? Is there a better presentation of the food for this fish? thanks.

angus4481

by angus4481

im not 100% on this, but i think they will eat romane lettuce.try looking it up

dick_headers

by dick_headers

tarpon,
Most dwarf angel are omnivores, so they accept either fine microalgaes or meaty nutrients. Someone already mentioned on this forum that angels and tangs are need more time to fully accimlate to the new environment. That is true. My coral beauty and flame angel, and my scopas tang none of them showed any intrest for about a week or so. Maybe little longer. They were picking on the rocks just like yours does. If your red stripe angel does pickin' on the rocks, that's a great sign..
They are also kinda' shy at first, but they'll open up as they get used to the new place.. Try to introduce him some frozen mysis or brine shrimp every other day, and see what happens.. I belive he'll be ok.

tarpon

by tarpon

thanks, that helps.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

also..remember for a couple days..he might not eat cuz hes still not 100 % established in the new enviorment. but in a couple days he should eat..fishes arent dumb..they wont let them selves strave!! he should be fine. keep us posted

eibli

5 posts