[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Loach being aggressive I think. - RateMyFishTank.com

Loach being aggressive I think.

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

lumi

by lumi

I have a small clown loach that's being aggressive to other fish. Or at least I think it's aggressive, honestly it's hard to tell. I thought clowns were very peaceful loaches? That's why I chose clowns rather than some of the more boisterous loaches. Can anyone give me any insight to this?

kate_kuhli

Re: Loach being aggressive I think.

by kate_kuhli

That's strange - like you said, clowns are usually a pretty peaceful fish. Boisterous, yes, but not aggressive usually... How big is it?

supperfish

by supperfish

I think you should change a new smaller loach or upgrade your tank, I think a new can relieve the aggressiveness of loach.
Last edited by supperfish on Wed May 31, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tetrafan

by tetrafan

Do you have more clowns? Clowns (most loaches really) like to be in groups of 6+ and this helps reduce boisterous or aggressive behavior towards other fish.

aquafish

by aquafish

My loach is probably the cool fish among all my other fish. He is very peaceful and just likes to dig his head to the gravel for loose food. He also seems like to swim up down the sides of the aquarium. I am definitely going to add another loach so he can have a mate, even though he seems to be buddy with my red tail shark.

ian06

by ian06

6 posts