Dwarf Puffers

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ian06

Dwarf Puffers

by ian06

I'm very interested in pufferfish, particularly dwarf puffers because they're so tiny and cute. They seem like they would be easy to take care of too - they're tiny so wouldn't need a huge aquarium and they don't need brackish water like some puffers do. I really like the green spotted puffers also but they need brackish water adults, I believe.

What about tankmates? I know some puffers are aggressive - would dwarf puffers be too aggressive for other species to share their aquarium?

blenny

Re: Dwarf Puffers

by blenny

I can answer this much - don't get other tankmates! You're right in thinking they might be too aggressive. My friend did, and the dwarf puffers destroyed every last one of them even though they were fast moving fish (some danios and barbs). A lot of people try putting other species with theirs and what from I've heard of it rarely works out well.

kate_kuhli

Re: Dwarf Puffers

by kate_kuhli

Do make sure you're prepared to feed frozen or live food. They won't really go for flakes or pellets, from my understanding. Most people feed frozen bloodworms or they breed snails to feed them.

Dwarf Puffers

3 posts