Saltwater nano tanks

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

kate_kuhli

Saltwater nano tanks

by kate_kuhli

Since we have a freshwater nano tank discussion I thought we should have one for saltwater too! I think nano tanks are so much fun. I'd love to hear your ideas, even though I don't plan on having a SW nano tank for awhile I'd still like to get ideas in mind of what I could do in the future!

blenny

Re: Saltwater nano tanks

by blenny

10 gallon:
~ Tail spot blenny
~ Yasha shrimp goby
~ Firefish
~ Percula clownfish

I think this would work well and be very pretty. These fish occupy different areas of the tank and are generally peaceful and would be fine in 10 gal. Except it could be slightly overstocked - may need to remove one of these fish.

friend_of_fish

by friend_of_fish

I'll add my ideas later when I have more time but for now I just wanted to say be careful with doing a SW nano because even for the experienced they're not easy to do, being small so more susceptible to any little fluctuations.

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

friend_of_fish wrote:
> I'll add my ideas later when I have more time but for now I just wanted to
> say be careful with doing a SW nano because even for the experienced
> they're not easy to do, being small so more susceptible to any little
> fluctuations.

Yeah, that's why I won't be attempting it for a good long while, but it's a good idea to have a note of caution on this thread for anyone that's considering trying it. You definitely want to know what you're getting into first. I don't think it would be impossible for a marine newbie to do successfully but I think it's a lot easier to start out with at least a 30 gallon or even a 55 gallon, and then go smaller from there if you want to.

Saltwater nano tanks

4 posts