A good test kit?

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tetrafan

A good test kit?

by tetrafan

What brand of test kit do you all use? I need to buy a new kit soon and want to make sure I get an accurate one. Thanks.

friend_of_fish

Re: A good test kit?

by friend_of_fish

I'm not sure of what exact brand, but I know you should avoid the test strips. They can be very inaccurate. Unfortunately, pet shops often use these when people bring their water in to test (a lot of people don't realize you should have a test kit, so props to you for doing your homework!) so their results may not be accurate and this also perpetuates the belief the test strips are fine.

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

The API Master Freshwater Kit is highly regarded! I have it and it's great. Probably the most accurate test kit money can buy.

tetrafan

by tetrafan

Thanks!

Do you know where I can find an API master test kit?

sekushi

by sekushi

You can get it at any petshop or online, like amazon or ebay, I have bought my online they are cheaper.

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Yeah, I bought mine on Amazon. Pet shops tend to have higher prices on everything so I try to buy everything I can online.

friend_of_fish

by friend_of_fish

If you do want to buy from a pet store though you can always look for a sale/promo code from Petco or Petsmart. Just do a quick google search and you should be able to find any current sales or promo codes for their sites. A few weeks ago I got $15 worth of free merchandise from Petco and the shipping was free too! It was one of those lightning deals things that went away after several hours.

tetrafan

by tetrafan

Thanks all :) I think I'll buy it on Amazon because I have Amazon Prime so shipping will be free, assuming Prime will be available for the product.

A good test kit?

8 posts