6ft tank which heater??

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

bigboymalawi

6ft tank which heater??

by bigboymalawi

Hi, just about to start a new set up again and gone for a 6ft seabray, which I'm going to be putting Malawi cichlids in. Just wanted a bit of advice on which heater to go for/which will be suitable for the size of the tank and the species I want to house and do the correct job for all my requirements. Many thanks

rydudeski

Re: 6ft tank which heater??

by rydudeski

It all depends on how many gallons. A heater is a heater and there is really no special one to go after. Simply get a heater that can heat your tanks specified gallon amount. I use a 200 watt heater in my 60 gallon. (http://www.petsmart.com/fish/heaters-th ... 3Dcategory)

I live in Canada and it's been -30c for like 1 month straight, tanks in the basement coldest part of the house... My 200 watter does the trick ;)

You may need to get more then 1 heater depending on how many gallons/litres your tank is.

anything_aquatic

by anything_aquatic

instead of going with one big heater, go with two smaller ones. especially with the bigger cichlids when they fight they could knock one out or one could just go out on its own so its always good to have a backup one until you can get a new one. im running two heaters in my 75 gallon along with two filters. and remember especially with cichlids, double your filtration.

meltopo8

by meltopo8

I ditto anything - aquatics suggestions.

aquarium4um.com

by aquarium4um.com

i would use two, one at each end but rated to heat the whole tank.

6ft tank which heater??

5 posts