Please help my fish have malawi bloat

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

anything_aquatic

by anything_aquatic

okay so about a week ago i noticed two of my fish stopped eating and showed all signs of malawi bloat. to be honest i think i caught it to late. but i moved them to my hospital tank and started treating with clout but my two fish died. that being said im afraid the rest of my cichlids in my 75 gallon will get malawi bloat and start dieing off. ive treated the whole main tank with metro to prevent the spreading and also soak their food in epson salt . by the way i have no knowledge on treating this disease its just all the information i read on it. anyway, is the parasite that causes malawi bloat in my tank and what can i do, also what should i do with my hospital tank because im afraid to add a new fish in it in fear of they too with get this dreaded disease.

meltopo8

Re: Please help my fish have malawi bloat

by meltopo8

Go to the forums that are specific to cichlids like "The cichlid forum" you should get more replies and help going this route. I don't know if you read to do this, but soaking food in Epsom salt seems rather harsh to the fish. Anyway check out the other forms.

2 posts