hands in tank

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

hands in tank

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

just wondering other peoples habits are when putting their mittens in their water columns. is a simple rinse in tap for a min good enough before putting hands in tank???

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol you know it's funny you asked that question tonight......I set my skimmer up tonight with a surface skimming attachment because the intake was in the middle of the column like a filter intake and i was getting crazy with the film on the top, I washed my hands with dawn dish soap [as usual] and rinsed them for a long time , i turn my own wrenches on my equipment, and went to work.......... i set it up and started to adjust it, when i looked up through the water i could see the film "repell" away from my hands as soon as i touched the water ......lesson learned? GETTIN ME SOME WATER GLOVES ASAP.......lol...Boss

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

i know.. i was thinkin bout them and i thing a simple rinse in tap would do, but in the even you forget you spritzed some cologne on or ur situation lol u might not always remember what you were doing before you dipped ur hand in the tank. I bought cheap dish washing gloves and told my mother not to go near them lol

snowboss

by snowboss

yeah seeing the film spread away from my hand was kinda scary.........what am i doing to the water??????? I might try a pair of those dish washing gloves like you mentioned.....should be ok in this tank {it's only 12 inches deep} the next tank is 30 inches deep so the gloves won't be long enough .....good post man . . .you may have just saved my tank !!!!! snowboss

angus4481

by angus4481

lol, ya gloves are nice. i got them so the lil worm bastards dont shoot those lil hairs of theirs at me. ive had an allergic reaction to it, mostly my hand swelling up.lol, but not any more!

snowboss

by snowboss

well i have yet to be "stuck" or bitten by anything in there ......lol but definatley a good point.....lol --- i'd hate to be feeding something and pull back a stump...Boss

hands in tank

6 posts