Help! I need suggestions.

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

walters_joseph1

by walters_joseph1

I have a 55 gallon saltwater fish tank with some live rock. I am brand new to this and am in the process of my first cycle, so I don't have fish in it yet. What are the best and easiest fish to start off with? There is a small California Stingray that I am interested in buying fairly soon. So what other fish would y'all recommend me getting to start my aquarium?

twilight mmj

Re: Help! I need suggestions.

by twilight mmj

coral baby

nattysfishbowl55

My Gouramis

by nattysfishbowl55

Hi. I have two Sunset Gouramis in a 20 gallon tank along with 5 Neon Tetras, and a barbed Plecostomus.

Lately, I have noticed that one of the Gouramis, Raymond, is sitting on the bottom of the tank. Raymond has also gotten darker spots on his scales than my other gourami, Gypsy. After feeding my fish, I noticed that Gypsy seemed very possesive over one corner of the tank towards Ray, but not towards and of my other fish. I looked at Ray swimming, and I noticed that he was "flapping" his tail a lot harder and faster than Gypsy was. Then I noticed the difference between their tails. Ray's tail was a lot smaller and torn. Gyp's was longer and more fan shaped. After observing more, I noticed that Gyp was biting at Ray's tail every time he got near her. Also, one of his scales was missing.

My dad is going to get a smaller tank for Ray, and we are going to nurse him back to health.

If any of you guys have any other reccomendations, please let me know.

chytownprincess

by chytownprincess

Any beginner fish..look on Live Aquaria un beginner page. Any reef forum is a vast ocean of knowledge.

ww8ww8ww8

by ww8ww8ww8

this is my test post.

5 posts