Frys killed my juvenile fish?

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

embolen77

by embolen77

My balloon molly and my dalmatian molly had babies. I was able to save four, and one lived and grew to be about an inch long. I was keeping him in the breeder net still because I have a few fish with large mouths.

My balloon molly had babies again. I decided to catch a few and put them in with my juvenile molly. I thought my juvenile molly would eat them, so I added a little fake plant to the breeder for them to hide. Worse case scenario, my juvenile molly would eat them, get extra protein and grow faster. However, he was the once hiding and stayed away from the frys.

A day after they were all in the breeder together, my juvenile fish died. I was really sad because he was just about to be big enough to be released into the tank. Is it bad to put a juvenile fish and frys together? I am puzzled by the coincidence and want to avoid it in the future.

Thanks in advance for anyone's feedback.

andrecarneiro

Re: Frys killed my juvenile fish?

by andrecarneiro

Your Fry didn't kill your juvenile fish, take it as a coincidence. If anything the juvi should have been taking out the fry. ideally u dont wanna be mixing the juvi with the fry. maybe invest in a second breeder

2 posts