What is wrong with my water?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

embolen77

by embolen77

I got my tank a few months ago and everything has been going well -- until recently. I do a partial water change every week. However, I just moved to a new apartment and my water now looks awful. It is cloudy and yellow. I use tap water with my water changes, but I put a water conditioner in and a pH regulator. I also tried Acurel F which claims to clear up cloudy water in less than an hour. I had 3 fry's in a breeder net which seems to collect a lot of algae. Any advice is appreciated. I am scared of losing fish because the water looks so bad.
20140822_150536.jpg
Yellow, cloudy water

cjhp

Re: What is wrong with my water?

by cjhp

Easy does it. Looks to me like saved your old aquarium water when you moved to new apartment? I personally would watch using chemicals around fry. I would like to hear about how you moved the aquarium. Could have some tips for you.

embolen77

Re: What is wrong with my water?

by embolen77

I only moved a few streets over so I carried my tank, fish and water inside still, to my new apartment.

I actually cleared the water up. I started buying gallons of spring water and conditioning that instead of using tap water.

3 posts