Brown algae

25 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lbmash

Brown algae

by lbmash

My tank is about 12 days old and now i have some brown algae. Any help on how to get rid of it would be great. Thanks, Lee

dick_headers

by dick_headers

What's the water parameters? Not to worry though, your tank is under nitrogen cycle.. Brown algaes are normal. Good lookin' tank mate.

lbmash

by lbmash

Cheers Gov

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Are you serious about all those fishes you have in your tank? 20 damsels, 3 yellow tang etc...?

lbmash

by lbmash

Yes, Quite serious, do you not like them? I have not lost any yet, but it is still early.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

lbmash,
Good luck to you bud, and welcome to saltwaterland. I do like them.. Specially if they remain alive. Again, godd luck, I think you'll need some..

lbmash

by lbmash

Thanks for your help, i wasnt trying to be a smart ass, i was wondering if you think its too early for those kind of fish? Any advice i can get would be greatly appreciated.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Ok,
I have to apologize, I'm sorry. Lee, my best advice would be grab a book. A good one. Marine reef aquarium handbook, Reef Invertebrates by Anthony Calfo and Bob Fenner. Please take the time, and learn about nitrogen cycle. Just go google and type in " nitrogen cycle in a saltwater aquarium". You can not introduce 20+ fishes the a new set up. I' personally wouldn't recommend add even 1 fish to you tank right at this moment. Please take those fishes out, before they die. I can not go details about nitrogen cycle right now, you have to do this your own.. Then you'll realize why im saying this.. Again, sorry for the nisunderstanding... Your tank looks beautiful, kepp it that way,
DH

eazy4647

by eazy4647

well i agree with Mr.H take the poor fellows out. theyarent dead yet. but believe me. ur only lik 12 days into it. so ur parameter will rise alot more in the next couple days..so switch them to a quarantine tank maybe? or take em back for store credit.

angus4481

by angus4481

thats a nice setup, did you do it urself, the cabinetry? i agree with dh and easy, ur tank needs to establish its cycle first. if you know anyone with a salt tank at the moment that has been setup for a while, see if they would care for them for 3 weeks. i dont think you would lose all of the fish, but some. did you have it set-up profesionaly, or do it urself?

Brown algae

25 posts • Page 1 of 3