aquarium decorations

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

papercut9

aquarium decorations

by papercut9

Hi all

Im curently starting a DIY aquarium decorations project and am just wonder if any one has any idears as to what works best and is the safest way of going about it all. Ive watch alot of vids on this but still the question remains what works best concrete over foam or fiberglass ect so any idears will be a great help as i dont want to kill of my fish .

vincent

Re: aquarium decorations

by vincent

I have never tried fiberglass, but I did do the concrete over styrofoam DIY background. If you are patient, and make sure the PH levels are stable - you will be fine, and no harm will come to your fish. I did my background in a 210 gallon tank, and I filled up the tank with saltwater (helps to speed things up) for about a week. Afterward I drained it - and rinsed it, and then filled it up again and took a ph reading, and let it sit for a day and did another reading.......then drained and repeated for about a week until it remained constant. After that......you are in the clear!!!!! I hope this helps. It is scary, especially after everything is siliconed in place - but EVENTUALLY you will have a safe and good looking environment for your fish!!! Good Luck!!!

aquarium decorations

2 posts