idears on new fish ?!!?!?

7 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

papercut9

by papercut9

Hi there.

I am wanting to set up another 3ft freshwater tank and am trying to find out what are some really colourfull, pretty types of fish i can go with that will be okay together and that kinda thing so any idears will be a massive help our local fish store teneds to lie and i end up with dead fish from wrong compatibleity and so forth

marcusrose12

Re: idears on new fish ?!!?!?

by marcusrose12

hello, i have some suggestions most the people on this forum will hate me for saying this, how about some rainbow snakeheads, amazing beautiful fish however will eat smaller fish so be careful, easy to feed and show off a lovely colour, i have two of them brilliant fish get on well with everything bigger than themself look amazing, only thing is they are quite hard to get hold of and your local pet shop wont sell them try ebay message a shop which sells fish and ask if they can order them in :)

papercut9

by papercut9

Hey.
ive never herd of them ill have to check them out !!!
they sound cool tho . what other fish do you have ?

marcusrose12

by marcusrose12

they are hardly heard of however very cool fish, nd i also have 2spotted climbing perch, parrot cichlid which is a little bit of a pain, loads of mollies for food, two silver sharks, blue lobster aswell :P

michael_ellis

by michael_ellis

I love my african ciclids there is so many different types and colors you can get its insane.

antman137

by antman137

Do a full tank of Nothobranchius rachovii. Type of killifish, heard they are aggressive and dont live long. But super colorful.

andrecarneiro

by andrecarneiro

African cichlids are beautiful, for that size set up u should look into some of the tropheus species

7 posts