125 gallon tank needs a change help

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

DanDman18

Re: 125 gallon tank needs a change help

by DanDman18

So all you're keeping is the silver dollars, and getting rid of the african and south american cichlids?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I think there are few things as pretty as a school of silver dollars. I'd add more of those. Not many people have a tank big enough to house a school of silver dollars. They are much happier and less skittish in a school.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Remember, silver dollars are semi-aggressive, and as you know, get quite large. Guppies would be a poor choice because they are small and slow swimming and would probably get eaten. Gouramis could probably work. What kind of tetra were you thinking? I think about 7 silver dollars and a school of a colorful, medium sized tetra would look really nice, you'd just have to be careful to pick a tetra that wouldn't get bullied by the silver dollars.

But back to Dan's question: are you getting rid of everything else and keeping only your silver dollars? That will definitely affect what you can put in the tank.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

bala sharks just sayin 6 or 7 of them.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

A couple other ideas: i think odessa barbs or tiger barbs would look really nice with the silver dollars.

outofexile

by outofexile

I would not recommend 6-7 bala sharks. They get to about 1 foot long. Maybe 3?

I like the idea of "A couple other ideas: i think odessa barbs or tiger barbs would look really nice with the silver dollars." That would be nice

I would also maybe look into some clown loaches.

Also maybe like 6 Synodontis Multipunctatus Catfish

Maybe 4 red tailed sharks

Maybe a ghost Knife

Maybe a pair of Datnoids for example Gold Datnoid

Try looking at Redfin Prochilodus.

Those are some of my suggestions. I am not saying to get all but look at those and pick some.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

7 times 12 84 in 125 gal idk I'm new here. Some fronts maybe but I really hate them think I'm going to breed them though they give 14 bucks for four day old fry idk. I suck at math though.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I had 31 neons 7 rainbows 2 gold guarmis a betta hmmm a few other randoms in my 125 once. I sold them all for a few cichlids. It was boring. But some nice angels would be nice they can get big as well as the dollars.

125 gallon tank needs a change help

8 posts