cichlid colors

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

markthecat

cichlid colors

by markthecat

just for talk now i dont have an african cichlid tank no more but a 135 gallon south/central american tank with angelfish and firemouths all are very colorful. but alot of people will give the color of glory to african cichlids. no doubt they are colorful but s/c american cichlids have got some super beautiful colors if not even more colorful than africans cichlids i think b/c you can bunch africans cichlids up with different colors they give a colorful display. but on one on one basis from what i can see s/c american cichlids are just as colorful if not more.what does everyone else think? shouldn't these fish get just as much respect for there beauty as well?
Last edited by markthecat on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

natalie265
Site Admin

Re: cichlid colors

by natalie265

I agree with you. I have an african cichlid tank, but angelfish, discus and Bolivian rams are still some of my all time favorites. For that matter, i think some of my rainbow fish easily rival the beauty of an african cichlid. That isn't to say that i don't get why african cichlids have such passionate admirers. I guess i just see beauty in many different types of fish and it's hard for me to rank one above the other.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

bosemani rainbows are what got me into cichlids all the way. I loved the fact that they change according to their mood.

alison3492

by alison3492

Australia works in litres generally, i tend to convert to US gallons because i got sick of being asked by lazy americans "How many gallons is that?"

cichlid colors

4 posts