Alasse - new thread!!

53 posts • Page 3 of 6

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Okiimiru

Re: Alasse - new thread!!

by Okiimiru

Me too, Alasse. I've got chinchillas as well so branches big or small are useful to me. If they're big diameter they are looked at for the tank. If they're small diameter I crack them into foot long pieces for my chinchies to eat. One of my facebook friends just now posted this link https://www.onekingslane.com/product/13406/730423 and I was like, Really?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I've been reluctant to use pieces of wood that i find, but i'm going to try it.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I'd much rather have mine scattered like this it would be odd to have all the different scapes all in one. My tanks suit the room they are in as I'm sure yours are Lasse.I'm still at 6 tanks. 2 are unseen baby growers.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I miss our black moore the brain:( He got stuck once and we didn't notice for almost two days. I was busy as hell that week and just ran around and threw food in tanks and ran out w/o checking on everyone and that's how it happens folks. You have to watch you fish all the time. Or so I heard. But he does look great alasse and I don't really like goldfish.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

And all my driftwood and rocks I've found I'm with alasse too many tanks too many $ per pound and per foot or however they make up the driftwood overly priced idk.

Alasse

by Alasse

The start of rescape time!!!

Did a total overhaul on the 2.5ft Ram tank, had a major algae outbreak, plus everything was overgrown and looking pretty ordinary *L*

Inhabitants:
Amun and Isis - Blue Ram pair
Romeo and Juliet - Gold ram pair
A few juvie peps
Juvie apple snails
Cherry shrimp
2.5ft 12th Aug 2012.jpg

djsnowman06

by djsnowman06

looks like alot of hard work ... u must really enjoy the hobby. ur tanks are stunning

Alasse

by Alasse

Thanks djsnow :) Yep i do enjoy them

Update: The 3x 4ft tiered will be arriving tomorrow, then its onto major shuffle and redo

All tanks will end up being painted, back and both sides, most likely black. The plastic backing is going, annoys me that bugs and water can get between the backing and the tank glass!

Stay tuned for updates and pics

Alasse

by Alasse

Snapped a quick pic of it

The ends will have false sides put into the stand (so i can pull off and access if needed) to keep it looking tidy. The stand also has a single 4ft light above each tank which is a bonus. They cut all new lids for it too, unexpected but nice of them indeed
3tiered 4ft 7th Sept 2012.jpg

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

How fun! What are your plans with these new tanks?

Alasse - new thread!!

53 posts • Page 3 of 6