?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

?

by jav36

alright guys unfortunetly my foxface died after 3 weeks cuz my psudo attacked him..
now i got rid of my psudo so its just my clown. my question is could i add a small blue hippo tang in my 30 gallon for a year until i get my upgraded tank? and could a yellow wrasse fit in my reef tank or will it eat my corals? advice would be great

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Hey jav36,
Sorry bout your foxface. I think you'll be ok for a year or so.. My scopas grew approx an inch during the 1st year, so if it's a juvenile hippo it shouldn't be a problem. She'll be very happy though when you'll upgrade to a bigger tank.

Yellow wrasse will be also a beautiful addition to your aquarium. I purchased my 6 line wrasse about 4 month ago, and she's my new baby:-) Very flasy and entertaining fish. Swims a lot, hardlly ever hides. Both species -the yellow and the 6 line- are reef safe. Feed em with good meaty nutrients, and she'll love you forever...

jav36

by jav36

thanks dick headers

jav36

by jav36

anybody ever tried a tang in a small reef and what were your results?

snowboss

by snowboss

jav36,

I have never tried a reef at all and definatley not a small one...i have a 20 gallon FOWLR tank right now....and in my expierience.....the smaller the tank the more difficult it is to maintain...when things swing, they swing wildly.....I will soon be upgradeing to a 65 gallon system {still Fowlr for the most part} and if i didn't get such a great deal on that...i would be looking into a 90-100 maybe even a 150gallon tank...small reef systems are extremely beautiful IMO and they definatley get my utmost in respect.....but the boss has had a long hard learning curve with nano tanks....interestingly enough "NANO" tanks are basically anything under 30 gallons in the salt world, i always thought of a nano as one of those 1-5 gallon rigs, oh well food for thought........good luck, Boss

?

5 posts