Why did my fish tank explode in the middle of the night?

24 posts • Page 3 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

saphi

by saphi

I know this is an old post but my new 29g from petsmart just broke, water everywhere did save the fish in time but now, 16 fish in a 10g. What brand was your tank?
Oh on mine the actual glass broke. Just don't want it to happen again. I don't know if its a bad brand or something wrong with the way petsmart stores the tanks.

natalie265
Site Admin

Re: Why did my fish tank explode in the middle of the night?

by natalie265

There is no reason for a tank to randomly break. Temperature, change in air pressure, and too much gravel are not good explanations. If you set up your tank on a flat, level surface ie. a standard aquarium stand, then the tank was probably faulty to begin with. I haven't heard of this being a particular problem with petsmart. It might just be a coincidence. But hopefully they, or the manufacturer will refund your money.

dsipp79

by dsipp79

you make me feel very lucky that a couple years ago when dad decided it was a good idea to try and slide my tank and stand over about a foot and the whole stand collapsed, somehow we slowed the fall of the tank and it was ok but it could have been disastrous, and it was a 37g so it wasn't light to slow the fall of.... hurt my back but not the tank and this story really makes me feel lucky..

rachelx3

by rachelx3

i would take that thing back! im always scared thatwill happen to me D:

Why did my fish tank explode in the middle of the night?

24 posts • Page 3 of 3