bad news..:( first fatality..

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

guys..i was doing great..waters great..fishes were great...and the last two days my scooter bleeny was iono. weird..not moving much..not doing much at all..so today in the morning. i come to find my poor little guy dead....right away i checked my water..which was fine!!. everything is where it should be..so wat could have killed my little fellow? was it not enough food? i think i just had gotten bad info from my lfs. he said i didnt need any food for my scooter since he will eat wateva food is left over dat sank to the bottom...:( and please also i need some help with my coral beauty..it wont eat a thing..says no to brime shrimp..says no to flakes..and says no to formula one pellets...i want this little guy to have a full belly like the others..wat do i dooooo? please help!

dick_headers

by dick_headers

eazy,
I'm sorry for your loss,I belive you have some kind of bacterial disease going on into your tank. What was the last thing that you put in the tank? Did you ever not just right now but ever before noticed that any of your fishes tried to kinda' scratch themshelves on rocks or any other objects?
I have to agree with your LFS owner, scooters does not require any individual feeding like others..They'll gaze on the substate and rocks for leftover nutrients.
Man, I wish you have a quarantine tank.. You could save him, easily. It's got to be some bacterial disease, if all your water parameters are good.. Keep me posted, DH

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Eazy - -soory for you loss man.....sucks ass - - i know,

key is to learn from it - - i agree with DH's statements and would like to add that scooters are pretty finiky lil fellas and like a very well established environment - - I don't know how long you tank has been running {your profile say 5 days but i know thats not right,lol} - -as far as the LFS goes - - there are good ones out there but remember they are in the fish selling business, so make sure you do your research on the requirements of your fish .....they will sell you anything you want....doesn't mean he'll be happy in there - -

On a second note - - keep us psted on the beauty - -i have a new Perc clown that doesn't seem interested in any type of food either - -mabey we are in the same boat here .... good luck my friend....Snowboss

tangerine

by tangerine

eazy,scooter blenny is similar to mandarin. they feed on pods and only rarely do you come across one that takes pellets. your tank maynot be producing enough pods to sustain it. google up mandarin and you will know what i'm getting at.
as for the coral beauty,like most dwarf angels they take sometime acclimatizing to your tank and in the meantime,they will graze/peck at microfauna that are present in your liverocks,hence,most advise to intro them only when your tank have matured. (rough estimate would be six months or more)
best of luck,the coral beauty is a really beautiful fish.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

hey sorry on your loss I just lost my regal tang today i feel you pain

eazy4647

by eazy4647

man. sorry delta. we in the same boat. and thanks for the advice guys. im gonna keep a close watch on my tank. observe it for longer periods to try and see my fishes behavior. ill keep you posted. putting up pictures tonight.

6 posts