PLEASE HELP! Overcrowded tank?! My fish are sick!

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Maybe you're right that 30 gallons is enough for two goldfish, possibly even with the dojo loach, but i tend to argue in favor of more space when i think it's sorta questionable. My rainbow tank is already bordering on the edge of over crowdedness and they aren't even full grown yet, so it's kind of a case of "do as i say...."

Alasse

by Alasse

20gal for the 1st goldies and add 10 gal for each one after, so a 30gal is no probs for 2 fancy goldies. Unfamiliar with the dojo, but as long as it doesnt grow too big it should ok too. I wouldnt be adding anything else to the tank though

I personally am not a fan of salt use in freshwater tanks. So for me i would use a store bought medication. Simple to use, simple to remove when treatment is over.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Yeah, i've always been a bit skeptical of salt as well. I never use it.

Watmedo

by Watmedo

Ich go buy non carbon filters and cut into piece to place into your filtrationb and then go buy malefix add 5ml per 10 gallons for 7 days then do 50 -75 percent water change and keep temp up near mid 70 to 80 i know ur goldfish wont be happy being as there cold water but its the best way to ward of the free swiming ich and the lil specs of white u c

PLEASE HELP! Overcrowded tank?! My fish are sick!

14 posts • Page 2 of 2