Water quality

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Ezeanes

Water quality

by Ezeanes

Im starting a community/discus tank 3wks in my ph is 6.8 ammon.0. I test my hardness and gh I put 3 drops in test tube and it turns to a dark green is that the right color, and my kh took 16 drops to turn yellow. I'v read the chart but cant figure it out I have hard water out of tap and high ph im useing seachem correct ph7.0 and discus buffer to git my ph down but my main question is about the hardness is it good or not? I have 3 neon's and two angle/ balloon rams I just added today and 2 amazon swords and 1 placo
ffbe4-2011-10-14 21.09.56.jpg

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

It's really hard to say with this information. We don't know what kit your using and dark green is kinda subjective. In any case, i'd recommend using RO water instead of what you're currently using to lower your ph. It's really hard to keep your ph stable when you are using chemicals to alter it, and a fluctuating ph is hard on fish. I've found that RO water is a dependable and natural way of lowering my ph.

Ezeanes

by Ezeanes

Thank you. thats what I figured I just wanted to git a better idea what to do, the test is made by api and r/o is gonna be my best bet os ill keep update on tank. phosphate is through the roof but ph is staying stable for now checking every day
b7fa1-2011-10-15 20.03.32.jpg

Water quality

3 posts