My black moor has a black sore on his eye - please HELP!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

LSB40

by LSB40

My black moor, who has obviously changed colors, has a black sore on his eye. He was fine one day, then the next day I woke up and he had this on him!!! I don't know what happened. He is acting normally. It's already been there a week and is not changing at all. I have had him in a tank that is several years old and he is almost 3.
Thanks for any help!
dfa73-IMG-20110923-00104.jpg
e3383-IMG-20110923-00102.jpg
442a0-IMG-20110923-00101.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

It looks like pop eye, not sure that is treatable

Assanya

by Assanya

The Black Moor Goldfish is Telescope Goldfish black variety. The eyes are less prominent than the telescope. They can live at temperatures very old, making it ideal for outdoor ponds. Care should be taken with his bulging eyes that are not damaged. Be careful what type of decoration is added to the tank so that your eyes will not get scratched in a plant with a sharp plastic sheets. It begins as a black velvet and can be a bit gray as they age. All variations of ornamental varieties, such as the Black Moor, Bubble Veil-tails, eyes, praying, etc., are all strains developed through selective breeding, and do not occur in nature in that form naturally.

LSB40

by LSB40

What is the black sore though?

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Is the black sore a bump or a crater or is it just a mark? It's hard to tell from the photo. Are there any other symptoms? What is your water quality like? Have you tested for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite?

LSB40

by LSB40

It just looks like a mark. No other symptoms.
I haven't tested for ammonia but the nitrates are about 20 and the nitrites are at 0. I do a 30% water change every week.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Hmmm...maybe he's going to turn black again, starting with a small spot on his eye? Sorry, i have no idea. Maybe you could treat the tank with a general bacterial/fungal medication. It would be a shot in the dark, but those treatments tend to be quite safe.

7 posts