F8 Puffers

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Rsebille1203

F8 Puffers

by Rsebille1203

Hey everyone. To start off this site is absolutely amazing and I'm so excited to become part of the community!

I recently purchased two F8's for my 20 gallon tank. They're the only things in there and it'll probably stay that way. My aquarium guy said they'd be ok together besides a small fight here or there. I will be bumping them up to about 1.003-1.005 in the future as they grow.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these fish and could offer any suggestions,tricks, or general advice. I've noticed they have unique personalities already and I love them. Thanks!

-Robby

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Sorry, i can't offer any advice, but i am curious to see how your two F8s do together. Eventually, i'd like to turn my 30 gallon into a brackish tank and i'd love to get one or more F8s. I've been debating whether i should chance putting more than one in the tank. You might try posting your question on fishforums.net in the brackish section. One of the moderators, Neal Monks, is an expert on brackish fish. He's given me lots of good advice as i've toyed with the idea of going brackish. Anyways, i'd love an update on how your puffers do together. Good luck!

roxybella

by roxybella

I don't know a whole lot about the puffers.....but I do know that whatever you do don't put them in with Angels. I had two cute little puffers that were chewing my Angels up and had to take them back.

Kurt

Rsebille1203

by Rsebille1203

As of right now (1 week in) we haven't had any problems with them. Except during feeding time they tend to fight over the food and chase each other around the tank. But besides that they tend to do their own thing and don't nip at each other or anything. Their main target has been our African Spiny Eel since it's competition for food. They seem to be getting along just fine. I'll give you guys an update weekly on them and try to get pictures of them! If they'd sit still long enough!!

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Yes, pictures please!

roxybella

by roxybella

Yes.....def. get some pics

vanwykb

by vanwykb

As long as you give them enough food they should be fine. As for your spiny eel, I think he won't be around for too long. Puffers are a nasty little collection to any comunity tank. They nip at most fish, because of it being a carnivore. Have a look at this site. Beautiful fish none the less.. http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Brackish%20Water%20IV.htm

F8 Puffers

7 posts