Back from obscurity with a new question.

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tekneb

by tekneb

Hello all!
I haven't posted on the forum in forever. Guess I've been saving up for a good question, such as the one I'm about to pose. I finally found a place that will give me store credit for my Krib fry, and so this has me thinking about restocking. I want to go with African cichlids, but I would like to keep my two rainbowfish, my Krib pair, and my little clown pleco. So I guess I need suggestions on African's that are less aggressive, on the smaller side, and can tolerate a lower ph. Anybody got anything for me?

esparzar1

by esparzar1

esh, that's a tough one, I'd go with lake victorian cichlids. Lake Malawi and and Lake Tang. have a higher ph. attached is a good list of lake vic fish. Good luck!
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/c ... php?cat=16

tekneb

by tekneb

Esparzar that list is awesome! Unfortunately, none of them are at my lfs though :(. Anything else? I'm not talking pH thats atrociously low, in the 7.2-7.4 range is my usual.

esparzar1

by esparzar1

depending on what you can afford, I'd do mail order fish! It's (in my opinion) the best way to go. I'd stay away from just about every other African Cichlid due to what you already have in the tank. The Krib and rainbow fish wouldn't last long with the africans.

Skye01

by Skye01

Hi,

I live in SA and I will come back to you with a list of "compatible" fish you might be able to put in by way of Cichlids. I'm not sure of the availability to you but I can give you a few places here that I think will do mail order if you are interested.

Chat soon,
Kim

5 posts