Help, Feeding platy fry while away for 10 days

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

toxicbiscuitj28

by toxicbiscuitj28

OK, thanks, I will order that this week-end.
Thanks for your help.

I was wondering if could you help me.
Some of my fish are scratching against plants, heater, anything.
I have treated the tank with the ICH medication, Twice, but they are still doing it.
I have checked all the fish and there is absolutely no spots, nothing. What is this?
What medication could i give them?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

first, if you have carbon in the filters, the medication will not do any good for the charcoal will deplete the carbon...so if you must treat the tank remove all charcoal products

protozoan parasites either coming on or the fish have it already

below is an excellent link for diagnosing all diseases and their remedies:

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/i ... seases.htm

hope it helps...cut back on the feeding - you can fast the fish in the main tank for 3 to 5 days believe it or not

I normally feed the fish every other day for the fish will feed off any microorganisms in the tank and it gives the bio-load time to eat away at any accumulated debris in the gravel

you can raise the temperature of the tank (via the heater) to about 84 this will slow down any parasite that may be growing in the tank and it will help as you medicate the tank

so the best thing to do is as a precaution for the next 2 weeks: water change 40% of the tank every three days, cut back on feeding, raise the temperature, take out the charcoal, medicate with the remedies provided in the link and observe - about 2 weeks any parasite in the tank will have been eliminated

good to hear about you're getting the baby brine shrimp - your fry will love you for it, believe me

let us know how it goes

toxicbiscuitj28

by toxicbiscuitj28

Thanks, They have all stopped now. I don't understand why it took 2 tries of the medication for it to work.
Thanks for all the help and i will update about the fry with a video every month or so.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

good to see

toxicbiscuitj28

by toxicbiscuitj28

Week 1 and Week 2. My camera is terrible so no close-ups, for now. Not sure what the plant in week 2 is. Bought it in Portugal and i wanted something similar to 'Dwarf baby tears'. Fry are getting on grand now, they have developed more spots and are beginning to get bigger. Only 2 deaths so far, today and 2 weeks ago

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

very cool...yeah, always expect to lose a few...but beings there were about 20 fry after birth, you are doing pretty darn good

Help, Feeding platy fry while away for 10 days

16 posts • Page 2 of 2