Which power compact do you prefer

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Which do you perfer coralife or current usa?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Coralife
No votes
Current USA
No votes

Total votes : 0

robertbwest

by robertbwest

I was looking at two power compacts for my 75 gallon tank. The one is made by current usa and the other is coralife. They are both 4x65w and they are on big al's for only $10 differance. ($210 vs $220) I was just wonder if any one has either of these and what they like or dislike about it.

robertbwest

by robertbwest

one more thing, can the bulbs from one be used in the other

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Hi Robertbwest,

You can't go wrong no matter which one you'll choose. Both Currents and Coralifes are great fixtures, and provides plenty of lights. I am a Current owner. Back when I purchased my first one it was about 50 bucks cheaper than the Coralife, well time has changed since:-) On the other side, Coralife has been around longer than Current, so their name is more estabilished and trusted than Current. Actually it was a very hard decision for me, but my wallet ruled me more back than. I am not 100% sure but I think Coralife offers 10000K for daylight, instead of Current 6700/10000K dual daylight.. Honestly I like the look better with the 10K only. It's a little bit whiter and brighter lookin' than the 67/10K combined. Again, both of them are great( slick design, built in fans and ballasts, seperated switches etc...) If I'd say buy Current just because that's what I have, I'd be a liar. It was a great idea to ask people araund here, they might have different opinions..One things for sure..If you'll pick one of these 2 systems, you'll do the right thing.. BE LUCKY!!!

dick_headers

by dick_headers

No, not between these two brands..

robertbwest

by robertbwest

Thanks I think that i will buy the Current.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i own a pc compact and i was looking at t5 i think there is alot to look in to my lfs found a really good brand and actually had to down grade the model they bought cuz it was putting out more light than their mh

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

t5 will distribute light alot beter{more even in spectrum} with the right combination in bulbs. they have actualy prouduced a higher par rating then some mh.

7 posts