my gourami is being bullied by other gourami help!!!!!

6 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dinneenremy

by dinneenremy

My mother in law gave me her two Opaline gourami and now my other gourami is after them. They doing this circle and chasing and biting their tail! what should I do I tried to isolate the bully one for whole day but still doing it.

neontank

by neontank

do yuo have another tank set up that the bullie can go in till the Opaline gourami can get settled in if so just put him in that tank for a week or so

tekneb

by tekneb

A frequent problem with semi aggressive fish is that they attack new fish added to the tank. They do this because they have claimed the whole tank as their territory, and are now defending it from the new fish. the best way to handle the situation would be to move the aggressive gourami to another tank for a few days and redecorate the inside of the tank, using the decorations to create territories within the tank. that way when you reintroduce him he will claim a certain territory and hopefully leave the other fish alone.

dinneenremy

by dinneenremy

I bought a tank divider for my aggressive gourami today since I don't have an extra tank, you think this work?

neontank

by neontank

Yea that will probabbly work fine as long as u redecorate

josephine

by josephine

Permanent separation usually the final outcome, hard to do though when u like all the fish

6 posts