PC question

10 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

snowboss

PC question

by snowboss

- - hey people - - 1st thank you for all the great advice and information you post throughou these pages - -it's priceless

Next question - -I have a laptop at home that basically all i do is surf with, running windows XP - -i have no problems on the site with it, My desktop in my office is a Vista machine and I can't read e-mail messages posted throught the site - -it says I have a message or two at the top of the page but when i open it there isn't anything in the the IN box - the rest of the site works fine - -anyone else haveing issues with Vista? or am I doing something wrong???? thanks, Snowboss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

nope, my vista works good...try to open mail from your em address.

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Your talkin about Private Message's through the site right? Not email messages.

angus4481

by angus4481

if ur having probs with vista, clean out ur temp folder, and ur cookies. and do a virus scann

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Yeah boss clean out your cookies and temp. internet files. Idk about vista but in xp the easiest way to clean everything at once is to right click on C: Drive in My Computer -> Properties -> Disk Cleanup and have everything you want cleared checked.

angus4481

by angus4481

its the same on mine

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

vist wont get it all like that.. after you clean the c drive. click the window botton on the bottom left of your screen open it then type TEMP in the search bar. 2 folders should show up.DELETE content of folders. next go to internet options in control pannel click delete browser history.. then delete all,cookies,passwords,phishing data.browsing and fourm data{make sure you know all your passwords for your sites}

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well ill be dipped......i couldn't check my messages on the XP machine tonight and went to explorer and deleted the temp files and cookies and then i could.....ill try this on the Vista machine on monday when i go back down to the office ...be cool if thats all it is....thanks people ...Boss

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

This is actually a really weird problem because what ever machine you go on it shouldn't effect the content on the site. This site is really glitchy and not 100% put together well anyways. If you erase the cookies and cache and it doesn't change the problem then there's nothing else you can do.

LeviNHeidi4480

by LeviNHeidi4480

One thing that could be a problem is that IE7 is configured to run in Protected Mode on Vista. Protected Mode can be configured in Internet Explorer's Internet Options dialog. To configure Protected Mode, click the Security tab, select a Web content zone, and then change the "Enable Protected Mode" check box. By default, Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet, Intranet, and Restricted Sites zones. To verify that Internet Explorer is running in Protected mode, look for the words "Protected Mode: On" next to the Web content zone displayed in Internet Explorer's status bar. Basically, Protected Mode acts as a mini-firewall that could be blocking external messaging.

PC question

10 posts