Cause of death?

35 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

dickheaders i disagree on one thing..if your light come on at a diffrent time of day every day that is indeed stressfull. if the sun came up at diffrent times of the day you would go crazy. i am not saying it causes a low ph or death but stress yea i think so

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

sorry dont use the airator and also take the thing off your powerhead that directs the flow and the intake screen you will get more out of the pump

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I think it's time to go with your own decision. As you know by now, either way is fine. If you'd like to leave the airstone, leave it there, won't hurt or harm no one. If you want less bubbles, take it out. These are our own opinions, they can be very different,but we all agree either way is the right way.

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

ok i think once you get deep in the hobby, these fish convos become more like talking about politics and religion lol thanks dudes

snowboss

by snowboss

don't forget the price of gas AAAAAAAAAGGGGGG ....lol - -for yet another opinion - -i run a huge HOB filter on my tank with one powerhead {no air} and aim the power head at the top of the tank - so the water is "sturing" all the time - - between the filter the head and the skimmer I'm getting really good O2 dstribution, Boss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I'm sorry, I didn't express myself right. I absolutely agree on that with you Pimp..What I tried to say is that some people in their beginner status never turn off the light( yes I was one of them). What I was trying to sayi s if you don't turn your light off fishes wouldn't care if they have place to hide. But I don't say that it's beneficial or natural by any means. If you turn your lights off and on whenever you feel like it, YOU'RE RIGHT IT COULD BE STRESSFULL. Timer is a great thing indeed, I wouldn't set up anything without it.

It was a good catch SWP, sorry for the misunderstanding.. You're still my Pimp though..AREN'T YOU?!..<LOL>

snowboss

by snowboss

P.S. the way I tell is when i look up through the tank at the surface I can see where the powerhead flow and the filter return flow are "breaking" that "dusty" looking film on the top of the tank which tells me those areas are "raw" to the outside air - - hope that makes some sense...Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

thats right..and your still my bitch. and dont be sorry..lmao

dick_headers

by dick_headers

You're on the right track Boss about how to increase O2..

snowboss

by snowboss

whew!!!! i was reading there for a minute and though I was the pimps bitch....lol oh wait a minute I AM !!!! damn........................

Cause of death?

35 posts • Page 3 of 4