Writing a book and in need of images

8 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

jacksbooks

by jacksbooks

Hi Ya’ll,

I have visited this site for a long time and since most of my questions have been answered I haven’t felt the need to register. Well, now I have a need and I’m hoping all of you can help me.

I am writing a book about “fish for the beginner aquarists” and I am in need of pictures of the fish. Since this first edition will be a downloaded PDF, I will gladly put a link to this site (ratemyfishtank) and any other sites the pictures came from or your personal site. Plus, you’ll be a contributor in the resource section. I will, of course, send you all a copy (of those whose picture I use) free of charge.

I am a ghostwriter for many websites but since I am a ghostwriter I can’t tell you which sites. However, I have two clients who don’t care that I write for them and gave permission for me to use their name. You can check out some of my writings at http://healingwatersclinic.com and http://www.bestmanspeechinsight.com. I wrote most of the articles and the web content.

I am in the process of creating my own book store and you can find that at jacksbooks.vstore.ca.

I know you don’t know me and I’m not just after pictures. I can send you a copy of the draft if that will help. I really have a need for images of the fish I am using in the book and what better place to find them than at a fish forum.

Hopefully someone here can help. I can be reached here or you can send me an email at JacksBookStore @ gmail.com

Thanks for reading and I await your reply.

Jacks

Here’s a partial list of the images I need.

GloFish
Electric Yellow Cichlid
Electric Blue Cichlid
Pink Convict Cichlid
Golden White Cloud
Albino Aeneus Cory Cat
Tiger Barb
Lemon Cobra Guppy
Neon Tetra Jumbo
Swordtail
Hi Fin Swordtail, Blood Red
Penguin Tetra
Veil Angel
Albino Peacock Cichlid
Endler's Livebearer
Acei Cichlid
Gold Longfin Danio
American Flagfish
Crown Tail Betta
Red Cap Oranda Goldfish
Black Moor Goldfish
Blue Johanni Cichlid
Kenyi Cichlid
Otocinclus Catfish
Peppered Cory Cat
Emerald Green Cory Cat
Turquoise Danio
Long Fin White Cloud

And there's more to come...

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

dojo/weather loach my favorite fish i have a community and an african chiclid tank but these guys rule
ddfdf-101_0558.JPG

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

and have u considered going to shedd aquarium in chicago il. i live 70 miles away n would recommend any fish enthusiast go there. they have every thing and cameras are allowed

jacksbooks

by jacksbooks

Thanks for the replies, however, going to Chicago is a bit much especially in the winter when it's 70 degrees and sunny here in Florida. But I just need images of the fish listed plus the one on the other half of the list.

The books explains why the fish are good to start out with and what fish will get along with others, the temp of water, the family they belong to, where they came from, etc. So, instead of words they have an image of the fish so when they go to buy it they will know what the fish looks like.

Maybe a better way is to find the images I want to use in the gallery and ask the owner for permission...Huh?

Jacks

tekneb

by tekneb

I have an Otocinclus that is very photogenic. Look out for an email from me (same as my username).

tekneb

by tekneb

Any particular size for the photos? I don't want to leave you with some awesome pic that you can't use because it's to small/big.
1fbb2-SSPX0001.jpg
95d66-SSPX0002 smaller.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

There's a few I have. I can get more of the black moore. Not sure how good those are considering they are from an old setup. I have numerous pics of my fish and love taking more. I only wish you had others on your list. Congrats on the book project! I think you'll sell quit a few of those considering the hobby isn't going anywhere. I hope to hear of your success soon and love to help out anybody anyway I can. Freely I might add lol. Well good luck with your book I hope to read a copy soon. Maybe the book will help the LFS wool being pulled off some newbies eyes! Wish I had been recommended a book like that before I bought my first round of dead fish.
09dda-cichlid round 3 008.jpg
be7c0-cichlid round 3 010.jpg
df4e2-lab orange 001.jpg
2ca90-brain 002.jpg
c60ce-brain 003.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Oops You wanted an electric yellow not yellow lab. My apologies. But yea there are easier ways to get images. Noone is ever really on here much just post pics and bounce. Alasse knows a few good forums to try if making ppl feel a part of something is what you're after. Instead of the impersonalization of drag and drop copy paste.

8 posts