Time to Euthanize?

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

doogle

by doogle

net the poor thing, put it in a sandwich bag and throw in the freezer...done in a minute, or sever the spine behind the head/ gills... iprefer freezing...seems about as humane as any other method . what u guys think?

snostorm

by snostorm

No, freezing is more cruel, it's a slow, painful death. Think about how fast a piece of bread freezes? Yeah, pretty slow.

Clove oil or severing the spine are the quickest and most humane.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

clove oil is very good, I agree...but if the water in the dish is in a small amount (or barely covers the fish), the freezing process is quicker than you may think - actually, the first time I did it, I observed the fish each minute, and the fish died on the 4th minute

but to each their own - if I had to prefer clove oil or freezing, I'd go with the clove oil as the quickest way (less than 30 seconds), problem only being, the fish will flap around a lot as the gills breathe in the oil whereas with freezing, the fish does not flap around

either way, the fish will die in less than 5 minutes without any pain - and pain is the name of the game when it comes to putting down a fish

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

wow realy,i just flush my fish at least they get to go on a fun ride. its like a waterslide. id rather die on a waterslide then in a hospital but thats just me, im a bit morbid i know dont freek out
57341-pentagram_620.jpg

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

you can just flush the fish, half alive, beings the fish is in "water"...but the fish will be no better off in a sewer pipe for it is ill anyway plus the toxins in the sewer pipes will make the ill fish doubly or more so

but I guess it is easier that way luvmuff...but if you take a little time, clove oil or freezing is the best bet

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

that all just seems more morbid then flushing . i wouldnt wanna freeze to death or b poisoned , i guess the next best thing is to do a quick beheading prolly least amount of suffering 4 fish then all ideas given thus far imo

Time to Euthanize?

16 posts • Page 2 of 2