A corner of my fish tank stand is seperating...HELP!!

10 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

FishMane25

by FishMane25

the front left corner of my tank stand is seperating from the front edging wood piece and the cross support looks like it isnt touching all of the wood except for on the ends of the piece. im worried this is gonna make my tank crash if that gives out. the tank has been set up for about a year and ive just noticed here a little while ago. please help me im really nervous about this.

tekneb

by tekneb

They sell aquarium safe silicone adhesive at most lfs's for like two dollars. That's probably all you'll need.

FishMane25

by FishMane25

its not my tank its the actual stand itself, i put a 2x4 in there to give it more support. im trying not to have to tear down the whole tank and fix it so im hoping that board will work (im sure).

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Is it your 125 gallon tank? Personally, i wouldn't take my chances on a falling apart stand. I'd replace or repair it. Even if that means taking down the whole tank. I'd be too worried about a jerry-rigged fix-it job holding up.

FishMane25

by FishMane25

yes its my 125g. i put a 2x4 underneath the support bracket that it has under the cross board on the stand so its not gonna go anywhere, its in there nice and tight. i think the front trim piece warped and thats why it seperated on the front from the cross bar that the tank sits on its self.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Coming home and finding my tank crashed to the floor would be like my worst nightmare come true. I would not trust my own fix-it skills, but it sounds like you are pretty confident in your own. Best of luck!

FishMane25

by FishMane25

yea well thats mine too, especially since i have such a BIG tank lol. it looks like it will be fine, im thinking about just buyin a whole new stand but since my tank is drilled it is gonna be a PAIN to tear down and like i said before im tryin to not have to do that!

beyondthegrid

by beyondthegrid

STRAP IT NOW, get a tie down strap and sinch it lightly, not too much...a little tremmer is all it would take to bring it down.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

break it down...get several cinder blocks, drape it with a black cloth or whatever color you choose, problem solved

SundayForever

by SundayForever

10 posts