Mystery Discus diease!!!

55 posts • Page 1 of 6

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

cwilkin

Mystery Discus diease!!!

by cwilkin

I finaly found out what is wrong with my Discus. My LFS had to go throu 8 top discus breads/ doctors to find out whats wrong. I feel like they should b on mystery diagnoss lol

Alasse

by Alasse

So whats wrong with them?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

ditto

snostorm

by snostorm

bamp

Well?

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I guess that its something they dont have a name for yet becuase its really rare. And of course with my luck mine got it lol. They would start turning really dark almost black then they would slowly stop eating and die. I was told that if I did 100% water change 3 days n a row and add a half tsp of salt the first two days it would stop. So far I havent had any more die
Wierd unh?

Alasse

by Alasse

Then you dont know what they died from, if it has no name its still a mystery

cwilkin

by cwilkin

No I know what it is they just dont havee a name for it yet cuz its rare

snostorm

by snostorm

Well that's dumb, is there some kind of article, fish science magazine that explains it in more detail?

Alasse

by Alasse

You know what it is but you dont have a name for it??? So what is it, if you knwo what it is??

Yeah sorry not sure i beleive that.....there must be some research on it. And just cause something is rare doesnt mean it doesnt get named.

There must be some reference to what they are meant to have had.

Holidays

by Holidays

100% water change? even the water in the filter and media? that's bad, you're going to start over the cycle of your tank...did you use water from another healthy tank? why not just move the discus into that tank then? if you use 100% tap water, you'll kill all of the bacteria...I can't see how this will work...

was the poop white? its probably some kind of internal parasite? hole in the head? or maybe some internal organ failure, there is only a small number of diagnosis tool...other than water test kit...what else is there? nothing much you can do...

Salt has the least side effect or safest let's say compare to metronidazole

Mystery Discus diease!!!

55 posts • Page 1 of 6