about to buy some live rock . questions.

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

ey guys i was lookin around. and i checked out petsolutions. they got a certain kind of live rock. kadavu rock. wat u guys think? they got 45 lbs for 130..so it seems good to me. but any info on this rock?

angus4481

by angus4481

i have some kadavu rock in my moms tank. its a very colorful rock, mostly deep red and orange coroline, but green hair algea started to sprout rapidly. it needs a haircut every week for some reason, and its actualy a heavy rock for its size.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

so wat u think. i should go with it..or with the tonga? or get wat i already got which is fiji?

dick_headers

by dick_headers

It's up to you eazy. You have to set up a picture in your mind, how'd you like your aquascaping to look like.. If you want to buils a "wall" Fijis are the best. If you'd like to have more caves and holes Tongas would might be better for ya'. Unfortunately hair algae can grow on any kinds of live rocks, it depend how you or the LFS treats them. Petsolutions is a trusted name in aquarium business.. However you'll decide you good to go with Petsolutions.

angus4481

by angus4481

it all depends on what you want the tank to look like. myself, i have a wide veriety in my tank. marshal island, tonga, tonga branch, fiji, fiji branch, caribian, kadavu, petrified corals. pick something you like, or do a veriety. i like having different kinds of rock, the colors turn out to be more briliant. good luck

5 posts