gourami fish pregnant ?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

ok i have a female blue gourami and i think she is pregnant because her belly if getting big i had a male in the tank but he got a sore on his side and they were picking at it so he is in a nother tank so i did some research and it said that they lay eggs at the top but the male makes a bubble nest at the top and then she will ay her eggs but he is not in the tank to do that what do i do i need help plz !

tekneb

by tekneb

You would also need a male in there to fertilize the eggs. If you want tons of gourami babies you would have to put the male gourami back in (or buying another male gourami would work too I guess), or you can just chalk this batch of eggs up to fish food and wait for the next time she gets pregnant.

Alasse

by Alasse

Gourami dont get pregnant for a start. They are egg beareres.

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

yes i am wanting to save the eggs but the male can not go back in the tankl will it work if i buy a nother male will he fertalive the eggs and if i buy a baby male will it also work and if the male is still alive will i be able to move the eggs in to the tank with the male then move them back or what plz help

Alasse

by Alasse

The male needs to be in the tank and fertalise as the female spawns. And i'm pretty sure the male is the main carer

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

well i have a blue gourami and a male dwarf gourami but the male died today and can they cross breed or what?

Alasse

by Alasse

Possibly, but i doubt it

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

o ok well if any body can help me plz help

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

i have 8 gourami n they all look pregnant , i think they just eat more then they shit,ive also had a blue gourami i thought was pregnant becuz it got real fat,but it turned out to b sick,bloat i think

neontank

by neontank

I dont now wether one of my gourami is pregnante or it is sick beacause it is getting really fat any help

16 posts • Page 1 of 2