wish list

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kevinh

wish list

by kevinh

Has anyone ever had a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster ? Will it be fine with african cichlids? My tank size is a 55gal.

Thanks,
Kevin

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

well i lookd it up and i came up with aot of information so i copyd it u should read it all it will help u

Do you have passion for collecting different types of fishes in your aquarium? Especially do you have interest in blue lobster? If you are really excited to know about the blue lobsters and want to ornate your home’s aquarium with them then ornamental Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster would be your ultimate choice. Basically they are known by different names such as blue lobsters, Florida Crayfish, Electric Blue Crayfish, Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster and Everglade Crayfish. All belong to same blue lobsters species.

Taking care of this typical blue lobster is very easy and less hectic, only thing you require is to know about their food, habitat, breeding and characteristics in details. After getting adequate knowledge you should take care of them accordingly.

Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster is approximately 4 inches long and its color ranges from pale to electric blue. Their vibrant blue colored outer shells highly accentuate anyone’s aquarium. For their perfect habitat you need to provide pretty spacious tank or aquarium with enough fresh water to let them freely move. It’s better to store minimum 20 gallons water in the tank.

Being extremely territorial they can’t tolerate other lobsters of their same kind or any other intruder fishes in their territory. So if you want to keep them with other fishes then you must make sure that the habitat is large enough to protect other fishes from getting injured by this Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster.

You should maintain the temperature of the habitat of these Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters and that should be 60 to 80° Fahrenheit. Don’t place the tank or aquarium just beside the window so that it won’t heat up over 80° F. It has been observed that this blue lobster becomes brown in color while getting sick or stressed out.

Being stressed or nervous Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster hides itself from others. Hence inside their habitat there should be objects to help them hide like plants, cave type fixture or gravels.

After habitat you must be interested in knowing the favorite food of this blue lobster so that you can feed them, right? Here are tips for you: they like sinking pellet, micro worms, flake food, dried algae and fresh hatched brine shrimp or liquefied foods. They are like omnivorous whatever comes to the tank’s bottom they start eating the stuff.

It’s always better to keep Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters with medium size and fast moving fishes. If you keep them with smaller size and slower moving fishes then they can eat up those smaller fishes. Remember you shouldn’t keep these lobsters with large size carnivorous fishes as they will eat blue lobsters.

If you want to breed Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters, then don’t worry as it’s very easy to be bred. During mating process the male blue lobsters initiate copulation and they clasp the female blue lobsters with their claspers. The eggs of the female blue lobsters are carried into the pleopods. Normally within four weeks their eggs hatch and the new fries take birth. Then they look like smaller version of adult lobster but they lack reproductive organs this time. Later they get sexual maturity.

I guess this information is pretty adequate for you to keep a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster in your aquarium or tank and take care of them properly.

kevinh

by kevinh

thanks

wish list

3 posts