IS MY MOLLY GIVING BIRTH PLEASEHELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

my molly had babies the other day and i didnt know 3 lived but she is still fat and her anal had a little white dot on it i didnt know if it was a baby or not then the male molly and male guppy were chacing her with there mouth by her area if u know what i mean so i got her out and put her i a very large bowl and put a large stone in the bottom were we found the 3 frys at and a plant but i have more male fish and it was just those 2 chasing her (kissing gourami 2 regular gouramis and a little fish i dont know what it is and then a nother male molly) is she still preganate or going in to labor i wish i could know do u please help

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

livebearers can store eggs in their sac for months from multiple male partners

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

she just had babys 2 days ago is she in labor agin right now

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

you will know when the live fry (not eggs) are dispersed into the tank...though most of the time, it is at night and by the time you wake up the fish will have been eaten...some may survive if they seek cover (if you have low laying live plants or crevices in rocks or even sometimes, depending on your intake tube to the filter, the fry will be sucked up into the filter and live there - when I had filters, every month I would purposefully empty the filter into a bucket and lo & behold, several live fry would be swimming around (((smiles)))

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

wow i went on google once to know about preganat mollys and it said to make sure the frys cant get sucked up

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I used to find about 10 little guys swimming around in the hang-on-back filters (Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel filters)...I would let them get to about 1/2 an inch then put them into the tank...all was fine

lilcrum98

by lilcrum98

ok do u know how many days it will take for her to have a nother batch

7 posts