My Discus tank!!!

52 posts • Page 3 of 6

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Holidays

by Holidays

I read somewhere that if you grow your discus in a bright light and light color surrounding they will have less black spots. I have just recently change the background to a white pleather (vinyl) to see if I will notice any change after a few months.

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I have two that have the black sopts on them and thats how they came. I was isapointed at first but after finding a pic that looked exactly like mine I think its the type of fish. I ordered Fire Discus but I think I got Pigeon Blood Discus. If you can get your spots to go away let me know. I alreay have bright light in my tank lol :)

Holidays

by Holidays

Ya..they try to blend in with the surrounding. These 2 pics are of the same fish. The first one I took the pic as I first brought the yellow pigeon home from the fish store, where it was housed with bare tank, bright light and no background. The second pic is after it was in my tank for 6 months, I have black background and lots of hiding dark caves. You be the judge.
a3916-IMG00047-20100426-2211.jpg
7df71-rivgy9.jpg

Holidays

by Holidays

I feed all them a variety of frozen beef heart, bloodworms, brine shrimp and tetra color bits.

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I feed mine beef heart flakes brine shrimp and bloodworms. Im not sure if the tetra color bits are ok for them bc of the color enachers but I am not a expert lol. your second pic looks like the fish I am talking about. I asked the guy from the fish store and he says that the spots wont go away that they are genetics. Bummer hunh. Oh well. My tank looks way different now and I wish I couuld put a new pic up but the site wont allow me to its anoying. I ordered 5 new discus and they should be here Wendesday. I got two baby blue pandas two red turquoise and one red snakeskin. I cant wait!! Yippie!!! Do you have T5HO lights on your tank?

cwilkin

by cwilkin

a try on new pics :)

cwilkin

by cwilkin

again

cwilkin

by cwilkin

so its not working as you can see lol

Holidays

by Holidays

maybe the picture size are too large? try resizing it down to 600 pixel width: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

if not just upload it to a free site like: http://www.tinypic.com/, would love to see your discus picture :)

hmm, tetra color bits are highly recommended by many discus breeders here in canada...some people here also said bloodworms can make the discus color more reddish...I don't know...black spots or not, as long as they're happy :)

Holidays

by Holidays

I am thinking to get some colorful eruption strain discus: http://www.uppercanadadiscus.com/gallery2.html ...not sure how much that I would cost me...

My Discus tank!!!

52 posts • Page 3 of 6