European fish?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tekneb

European fish?

by tekneb

Okay, so after much deliberation, I decided that that I wanted to turn my tank into a "United Nations" tank. That is, I want to have every continent represented. Right now I have Asia (Redtail) Australia/Pacific (Dwarf and Bosemani Rainbows) and South America (Angels, Neons, and the Pleco). I'm gonna buy one or two apple snails to represent North America, and Kribs for Africa (somewhat risky, but I've seen it done before) or if they don't work out, I can always look around for some Congo Tetras. That only leaves Europe, and for the life of me I can't think of a single regularly available freshwater fish from that continent. Anybody got any ideas?

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

igood question , i even tried google n found nothing

Holidays

by Holidays

wiki it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fish_of_Europe

The Arno goby (Padogobius nigricans) is a species of fish in the Gobiidae family. It is endemic to Italy.

tekneb

by tekneb

Awesome fish, but extremely hard to find/buy. The kind of money i'd have to spend for that guy is just a bit to high lol.

Holidays

by Holidays

didn't have to be that fish, do more research...ya shall find it.

tekneb

by tekneb

However, that same article mentioned the Hillstream Loach which I'm about 90% sure that I saw at a Petco in Manhattan last week. I hope they still have him when i get around to buying. I had no idea they lived in Europe.

European fish?

6 posts