Whit worms on my glass canapy

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

milky648

by milky648

I took a good loock at my glass canapy and i sew white tiny worms what dose this mean??

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Planaria are often found in aquariums with uneaten food. The planaria won't hurt the fish, but they are a symptom of too much gravel containing too much uneaten food, and that is not good for fish.

1. clean your aquarium
2. add aquarium salt to your aquarium up to a maximum of 1 tablespoon for each 5 gallons of water in your aquarium

The worms are planarian flatworms. The presence of these worms in the tank indicates you are either overfeeding or you're not cleaning your aquarium often enough. Stop overfeeding and do a partial water change every two weeks and the problem will go away.

milky648

by milky648

oh i claen my tank 1 a month like they said and i as saposto feed them once a day no wonder i sould of satyed with my old rule feed then mon wed fri and every monday do a littel water cahnge but u lern new things as u go ok ill do

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

i had seme problem in my 55g cichlid tank. i started with a 50% water change.then still fed fish 1 x aday but would only put a lil in at a time 2 make sure ALL food got eaten. then fed some more. but your best bet is to get a gravel syphon n cleat the h3ll outta ur gravel becuase as long as theres poo n uneaten food worms will live n multiply rapedly.only real way to kill worms is to STARVE them . mine were gone within 10 days

milky648

by milky648

starve the fish then so ur saying dont feed for a 4 days . i donthingk i can do that 10 days thats a long time with out food . ill try 4 days and calen the tank a bit everyday with salt .

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

believe it or not, fish can go without food for about 5-7 days...I always fast the fish every Sunday to help clean out their digestive systems

4 days is perfect, this way, the fish will eat up anything that is left in the tank, they will peck at all the microorganisms

event hough I am against gravel cleaning, in this case, you may have no choice...it is best to water change 20% per week and absolutely cut back on the feeding or do not feed as much

luvmuff is correct, these worms begin their infestation in the gravel

milky648

by milky648

OK today is the 19th of dec Tommorow i will satared not feeding them for 5 days, and im going to do a water chang 20% grael clean i mean. So if i dont feed for 5 days i starve the worms is that what you guys are saying? .

cwilkin

by cwilkin

ABout the water change I do it once a week, but I do have fish that need to have really clean fish. After you get rid of the worms if you dont want to do water changes tha often try every other week. Let me know if your worms go away. With my first tank I noticed a worm every once in a while but before I could point it out my fish would eat them.

8 posts