air pump not pumping even amount of bubbles

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

FishMane25

by FishMane25

i just put 3 air stones in my tank and the right side is pumping them out like crazy and the middle is doing pretty good too but the left side isnt hardly pumping any out at all. my pump is in the bottom right of my tank stand and i have alot of tubing running to the left side. could that be my problem? its hard for me to move the pump somewhere because i have a 30g sump underneath so not really much room. i need some help on what to do, any ideas would be awesome! thanx!

Alasse

by Alasse

How many outlets does the pump have?

FishMane25

by FishMane25

it has 4 outlets. its rated for up to a 215g tank. almost double what mine is so i figured it would work for my tank. i cut down alot of the airline on the right side and still really isnt pumping out air for some reason? i have the pump sitting on the floor beind my tank, could that be the reason its not gettin equal airflow to all of them?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

best bet is to purchase flexible bubble wands...they come in sizes of 18 inches up to 48 inches long...if you run two of these on each side with a pump that provides for 12 outlets but you only use two gadgets or 2 flexible bubble wands, you will have a huge wall of bubbles that will rise to the top to provide plentiful oxygen in the water column

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... atid=12084

that link will provide you will a picture of the item...you can pick them also up at Petsmart (they come in black too at Petsmart)

once you get these, you place them at the bottom of your tank, rear wall... I guarantee you that this will solve your problem (((I am surprised very few are aware of this great product)))

let us know how it goes

4 posts