Chinese Banded Sailfin Shark tips?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

SO im picking up a chinese banded sailfin shark today. Ill have him in a 60 gal. I know he will ventualy outgrow it. I have researched them a little bit. Has anyone had any experance or stories about these guys?

FishMane25

by FishMane25

honestly do not get that fish! they are awesome looking and very cool fish but i would not pick that up as they can get 40 inches in length. I personally was looking at one at my LFS and luckily i know the owner very well and i was going to buy one and he told me unless you have a tank of 400g or bigger do not attempt to even buy one because they grow quick and get WAY to big. thats just my experience

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

cool. thank for the info. I had read that. I figured id keep him untill he outgrew the tank.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

What are you going to do with him when he outgrows the tank? Do you know anyone willing and able to take a three foot long fish, ,that, when mature look something like a dull, brown carp?

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

Yea ill sell him back to my LFS. At least he gets to chill in a large tank untill hes too big. Compared to hanging in a 20 gal with 20 other fish till hes too big. hahahahaha

FishMane25

by FishMane25

honestly i wouldnt even waste ur money if u havent already. the fish is cool looking but deff not worth the waste of money

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

It was 10 bucks. I allready got hima nd hes rad. Gets along with my bichir. I know within a year ill have to give him up but thats ok. Maybe Ill have my pond by then and i can put him in their.

7 posts