????Suggestions for a large filter????

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

good idea tin, ebay will cut the cost in half

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

ok so I checked eBay for the Fluval Fx5. I could save around 100 bucks going through eBay.

So if you’re saying height is not as important as with and length....should I just go with a 90 gal, which is the same with and length as 110 gal tall. This way a fluval Fx5 will be fine in a 90 gal?

Ok, I’m going keep looking everyone. I’m going to build the stand for the tank in two weeks. Then ill get the filter. I think ill have to start with my 55 gal. (I can’t afford a Fluval and a 90 gal tank at the same time). Ill have to upgrade the 55 gal later. Ill keep you all posted (and check with the council, hahaha) right before I make a purchase.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

fluval Fx5 will be fine in a 90 gal?

yes

you can make the stand with cinder blocks draped with a cloth or even painted at any height you like...I plan to purchase a 180 gallon tank early next year, I will use only cinder blocks as its foundation (((Just a thought)))

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Yeah the FX5 will be more than enough filtration for a 90 or 110 gallon tank. With that being said, if you have any other filters laying around, I would use them as well. I personally like canister filters as the "Biological filter". Basically, I only change/clean my canister filter out (the media) maybe every 3-4 months. I clean my HOB filter out once per month. That way I have a very established and steady good bacteria supply continuously (does that make sense)...lol

????Suggestions for a large filter????

14 posts • Page 2 of 2