who trusts salesman

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

treebusters

who trusts salesman

by treebusters

hi all ,about to start purchase 6"x2.5"x2" new tank and all the good stuff to make it happen correctly but pet store salesman will sell you everything but you realiy need!!!! so ill try the guys who have nice tanks makes sence.

best skimmer ?
best sump tank design?
lighting?
etc

be warned your help could result in 1# tank lol
thanks graham

ps budget not realiy important

jerimeb

by jerimeb

in my experence ive learned u get what u pay for. what r u setting up for? reef or fish? makes a big difference with the lights. im running compact now in my 55, but i just got a 100gal and im going with an 8bulb t5. really its all in what u want and like, dont let a salesman sell u something ur not sure or happy with.(p.s. "is inches,' is feet :) im assuming u mean 6 foot by 2.5feet by 2 feet.

treebusters

by treebusters

sorry setting up for reef, the tank in my profile pic was first attempt but ofcoarse want to go bigger and better , oh yes your right 6 x2x2.5 , so will need bigger skimmer ,the local pet shop near me are shit so most is stuff purchased online makes it hard for a novice to buy correct!!!

what stye of sumps do you guys rec mine in old tank very basic ,lighting i useing 2x 250w metal hayl + 4 t5 globes but will have to increase size $$$$ want to get it right first time

thanks garham

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I made my own sump out of a 20 gallon breeder tank. I used crushed coral, mangrove plants, chaeto algae, and live rock in my sump.

treebusters

by treebusters

did it have foam filter as a pre filter ? did you say mangrove plants ?

who trusts salesman

5 posts