Who's the culprit?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

MayhemMonkey

Who's the culprit?

by MayhemMonkey

It's been a while since i posted here, i think almost two months or so but school has finally started to simmer down a bit. Therefore giving me more free time. Anyway my 29 gallon is still running quite smoothly, i haven't really added anymore fish besides a white molly which brings me to:

- 6 Glowlight Tetras
- 2 Ballon Mollies
- 1 White Molly
- 1 Lyretail Guppy
- 3 Peppered Cories

I still plan on adding two baby angels, but i'm in no rush at the moment so i'll get some next time i happen to be at the fish store. But now i'll get to the real reason for this thread. This is my first planted tank and i now have java fern, a couple amazon swords, & a type of cryptocoryne. The cryptocoryne was doing very very good and was growing the most out of all my plants but then something started eating it really badly. I had a slight snail problem and thought maybe they were munching on the plants, but then i took care of that & the plant is still being eaten. And it's not just the leaves anymore, something's eating part of the stem too. I'm kinda POed because it was coming along so nicely and then something had to go and start eating it. So my questions are: which fish is most likely to be eating it? & is there anything i can do about it? any help is much appreciated.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

well believe it or not, the fish you listed do not eat plants, but I am sure some of the fish you listed may nip at the plants

surprised they ate the java, it is a very distasteful plant to fish

MayhemMonkey

by MayhemMonkey

it's not just little nibbles either, the whole plant is practically destroyed. & it's not the java...damn petsmart labeled it wrong then. because i have java, amazon swords, & then this..thing. lol.

snostorm

by snostorm

Maybe it's not being eaten and has become diseased. Post a pic?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

yes, a pic will help

Who's the culprit?

5 posts